torsdag, augusti 06, 2009

Enough with the pictures!

Okay, I'll put a lid on the scot-pictures for a while, just to tell you what's really going on right now...

This week has really been about book cirkels. This tuesday I was with the girls talking about Thomas Mann's Buddenbrooks, which I wrote about on my book blog Boktimmen. Then tonight I went with the guys (and one other girl) to chat about Mary Gentle's Grunts.
In the girl circle we are about to read Siri Huss - Sorgesång (Mourning song) and in the guy circle we've decided on Alan Campbell's Scar Night.

I joined the first circle of only girls last september, when I got tired of sitting at home with nothing to do and noone to spend time with in the evenings, and then I decided to start my very own in.. (my god, when was it? goes to check..) march. Two circles means I get to know more people, and my very own circle has also a niche which I very much care for - Sci fi and fantasy. Of course, with SF being a really nerdy genré, there's not a lot of girls in the circle, just me and another one who will be leaving to study at Cambridge this fall. But I'll manage just fine with me and the guys, cause they're really nice dudes :)

Otherwise there's really nothing spectacular going on. I'm working, but I use the flex as much as possible during these lovely summer days, and this weekend I will try to go to Glimminge Hus (Glimminge House) in Ystad (Wallandercountry for those into those movies). There's a medieval happening there that I don't want to miss.

More after that!

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Glimmingehus ligger i Simrishamns kommun, inte Ystad... på det riktiga österlen, dvs simrishamns kommun.

Rätt skall vara rätt ;)

Fia sa...

Yes, you are correct.. =)

Martina sa...

Siri Hustvedt - The Sorrows of an American... inte Siri Huss - Sorgesång (Mourning song).

Fia sa...

Ja, det var ju inte rätt någonstans.. ;)