lördag, augusti 29, 2009

District 9

The Cursed Waterbottle... Thought about naming the post that, but then I would just seem crazy. But it's true. That bottle of water has played a big role in the drama of wednesdays scifi meating has caused trouble ever since I bought it, a week ago this saturday. All though, due to the secretess law I cannot tell you more. :)

Last night I went to see the movie District 9. It's a really good sci-fi that is suppose to be like a documentary, but then evolves into the story of Wikus van der Merwe. The story begins with a recap of when the aliens came and landed over Johannesburg, and just wouldn't leave, and how the government placed them in "protection" in District 9. They stayed there for twenty years, and it became a ghetto with drugs, guns, and humans trying to profit of the aliens addictivness to cat food. But the citizens of Johannesburg just didn't want them there anymore, so MNU, a company dealing with aliens, made a plan to move them into another camp outside the city, a place that is similar to a concentration camp, giving the aliens a twentyfour hours eviction notice. Of course, the aliens doesn't want to be moved. They just want to be left alone, they just want to go home.

The movie takes up issues as human rights, racism, immigration, and puts it in the alien perspective, with us being the "bad guy". It makes you question ideals, forces you to think about what you really think about "the aliens". And besides that, it's a good action movie, filled with blasts, splatter, guts and gore. It sometimes was to much for me, being quite jumpy as I am, but the feeling of revulsion left and behind was the thoughts it implanted in me. I give it a good solid three, cause of this being parts in the movie I just didn't like. But I don't want to give too much away, so all I can say is - see it for yourself!

Inga kommentarer: