måndag, november 30, 2009

The countdown of the year


Advent means 'waiting for an arrival' (crappy translation), a.k.a. waiting for Jesus to be born. Or plainly - in crude terms - waiting for christmas eve so we can fill ourselves full with ham and herring sallad, eat the last layer from the Aladdinbox, watch Kalle Anka (NOT Anna Anka), drink julmust, glögg.. and open all our presents! But really, the best thing is just to be together.

That's why, this year, advent has a double meaning for me. It's actually a countdown. Every sunday I get closer to home, and the fourth sunday - I'll all ready be there!  In 19 days I'm off to Norrbotten again. In 24 days it's christmas eve. In 31 days I'll see my friends in Luleå again, and in 34 days, I'm back here again (but let's not think so far ahead!)

Until I'll see you again, I wish you a joyful and pleasant december. And just to remind you all of the true meaning of christmas, here's the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl!

1 kommentar:

Linus sa...

Är själv hemma till skåne över jul/nyår tills den 8:e, så om det finns tid kanske vi hinner att ses i de dagarna mellan när du kommer ner igen och innan jag åker.