tisdag, juli 14, 2009

A rolling stone gathers no moss

I miss my parents yard... playing darts, sitting in the caravan tent at night, sitting outdoors drinking the old english style, working with the garden, pulling up the weed.

My parents now have old stone stairs that connect the lawn next to the house with the lawn on the lower level. The stones have been there for more than fifty years and were completely overgrown with grass, moss and weeds, until I started working on it. But I didn't have the time to finish my work, so I had to leave it half done. Manual labour can be so rewarding, so peaceful. And after a hard days work, you get to eat good food and enjoy your new suntan (if the weather was sunny).

I don't have a lawn here, just a common land which is not as pleasant to sit by because of all the neighbours watching. When we can afford it, we will buy a house where we can enjoy a large garden with wild roses and stone steps, swirling around the yard. Then I will invite you all to play cubb and crocket and darts, barbequeing and maybe even playing football. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Inga kommentarer: