lördag, januari 23, 2010

The effects of stress

Yesterday at half past one in the night I got the idea that my alarmclock had gone off. I looked at it - drowsy - and thought it said six thirty, so I pulled myself up, took a shower, got dressed and fed the cats. The first clue I got that it was middle in the night was when my cats didn't come for breakfast. I went to the couch where my grey cat Aska lay, firmly asleep. I poked at her, she did wake but didnt move so much. Strange, I thought. But I couldn't stand there and poke the cat all morning, (no matter how funny it is to poke sleeping cats) I had to go to job. So I looked at the watch to see how late I was, and THEN I realized that the wristclock said 01.55. At first I thought the watch had stopped, but then I realized... it hadn't.

Needless to say, I was pretty upset. And my hair was wet. Do you know how bad it looks to go to bed with wet and short hair? It's bad. I would have to wash my hair again when I got up for the second time. Oh, the horror! I went back to bed, I tossed and turned all night, barely getting any sleep at all.

By telling this story to a couple of friends, I realized that (looking back on the past weeks) I have been completely stressed out. Some of it was workrelated stress.Some of it was anxiety for my boyfriend who today leaves me for three weeks in Thailand (I'm a little worried he will have forgotten something at home, like his passport, or that he will miss the plane).

The wake up was in deed a wake up call. Or more like a big blinking neon sign telling me 'Slow down!'. My boyfriend will get to Thailand, and I will get my work done when I get it done. I am doing it as fast as I can.

Now I'm sitting on the couch, all alone for the next three weeks. I'm missing my boyfriend all ready, but at the same time I'm excited about living alone, coming and going as I please, eating when and what I please (mmm bacon!), reading on the couch... I have a feeling I will get some more blogging done. ;)

Until next time, have a great weekend!

3 kommentarer:

Martina sa...

Varför far T till Thailand och du stannar hemma?

Fia sa...

För att hans mamma fyller 60 år och vill se världen med sin dotter och son.. Jag blev inte medbjuden, men jag hade inte haft tid eller ork. Thailand är ju varmt... vi får se, om T gillar det kanske vi åker tillsammans någon annan gång. Ska du komma hit ned och leka med mig? I'm bored all ready! =)

Martina sa...

Hm, ja, hade jag haft råd så...