fredag, januari 15, 2010

2010 - The year of the child

A funny story...


Yesterday I met an old member of the former bookcircle (not the scifi-club) while shopping. Found out she's eight months pregnant (congratulations!).

Here's the funny part.

When the six of us first formed the circle, childless and bookwormy and all, we was told by the founding member that she was pregnant. Two meetings later... another members pregnancy followed, and during the year, they both got their kids, two cute boys. At the last meeting I attended before I left them, the member which I met yesterday apparently had told everybody that she was pregnant but noone had understood it. Okay, three out of six, I thought. What are the odds? Well, then I learned that another member announced her pregnancy the the month after the previous. So, four out of six. And the fifth was single and the sixth was me.

You see how that is funny, right? But there's more.

My boyfriend got a job, I met his female colleague. She got pregnant.

I started working at my new job. The person which I grew closest to got pregnant. I started commuting with another colleague. She got pregnant. Two more members of my team got member. A boss got pregnant. Another one got pregnant. And another one. And another one. Soon we had about 10 people pregnant at work.

I'm starting to wonder... is it me? Am I sending out some "get pregnant"-vibes? Cause the only common factor seems to be me - and of course nature but let's skip that part for the sake of fun - am I somehow magically getting people pregnant? (Napoleon complex, anyone?) When I lived in Älvsbyn a lot of people got pregnant too. (Not just because there's nothing else to do there...) It's probably because me.

Paulo Coelho says, you have to be open to the signs. I believe 2010 is going to be the year of the child. I am not saying I will get pregnant. Of course I want some children, at some point, which probably is several years away. But the sign of the child can mean so much. Remembering the child in you, preparing for the journey ahead, aging, learning how to be a mother.

I am going to listen to the child, and remember the child in me. That's how 2010 is going to be the year of the child.

1 kommentar:

doh sa...

...or you are at an age where people who are about the same age and interested in similiar things usually have children. This would be more remarkable if you were say 18 or 50, but you are 25. Go check www.scb.se, 25-30 is when ppl usually have kids.